Senior Operations Engineer (m/f/d)
Lynck Solution GmbH, based in Berlin Steglitz, supports companies in accepting payments with the most common payment methods – both in eCommerce and directly at the point of sale. By using new technologies and innovative strategies, we enable our customers to tailor risk and payments across all relevant channels and offer an advanced holistic service at fair conditions. This is made possible by our sophisticated processing platform with special fraud prevention methods, a unique range of solvency check products and our professional, service-oriented staff. Together with Creditreform Group, the leading provider of business information, marketing data and solutions in receivables management in Germany, we offer their payment solution CrefoPay.Senior Operations Engineer (w/m/d)
What we offer
- A full-time position as Senior Operations Engineer.
- A chance to play an active role in further shaping of our processes and our products.
- A motivated international team living a professional yet open company culture.
- A working environment with flexible processes and a high personal responsibility.
- Flexible working in the mobile office – you are welcome in our Berlin office at any time, but you decide how often.
- Maintenance and improvement of the Linux based AWS production environment as well as the process to deploy updates.
- Contribute to Linux systems administration and manage their lifecycle.
- Improving and developing the infrastructure to match current security standards and provide most secure environments.
- Maintenance and improvement of office and home office environments (Windows / Mac).
- Analyse logs and reports (including event logs, vulnerability scanner reports) and take corrective actions or collaborate with the appropriate departments to ensure risks are managed and mitigated.
- Produce accurate documentation (network diagrams, software inventories, incident response reports).
- Support audits- including integrity, interactions, access and permissions, keep our infrastructure aligned with the highest security standards.
- Perform installation/testing/troubleshooting of new configurations/security solutions to ensure suitability.
- Use automation tools to reduce operation load.
- Proactively monitor system and software usage – promote security by default and highlight any areas of weaknesses that are observed in the conduct of day-to-day operations.
- When in on-call service, we expect you to promptly respond to system alerts and incidents, diagnosing and resolv-ing issues in a timely manner.
What you provide
- 2+ years of Linux systems and internet technologies administration
- Experience with at least one configuration management and automation tool (such as Puppet or Terraform).
- Scripting experience in Python and/or Bash and with version control systems (Git).
- Passion for IT security and a desire to progress career in the area.
- Strong interpersonal skills to help encourage a security aware culture.
- Demonstrable experience of working unsupervised and being accountable for own work.
- Functional understanding of AV/firewall technologies networking and common protocol usage (TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, HTTP(s), SSH, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Experience with Amazon AWS services and technologies (VPC, RDS, EC2, WAF, ELB, etc.).
- Experience with Database technologies like MySQL, MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- The ability to communicate in English (verbal and written).
If we have caught your attention, we look forward to receiving your application (cover letter and C.V.) to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!